Saturday, June 1, 2013

The SAT's

Now, if you have read my profile page, you may be saying "Wait a second, this kid's in 8th grade! What is he talking about?" Yeah. I have the pleasure to say that I had the opportunity to take the SAT test earlier today, along with my brother, who is a freshman. Last year, in 7th grade, I got chosen by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth as a gifted student who they believed had the aptitude to take a test 4 years above his level. I scored a 1710 on that SAT in May of 2012, which received me a "High Honors" award, meaning that I scored within the top 20,000 kids of my age in the country. I was obviously very proud to have earned this, and I wanted to test my skills again. Also, I know that colleges, as far away as they may seem, probably like to see kids who push themselves, and if I show improvement, that also looks good to them (I am guessing it does, at least. I've never applied to a college). So, taking all of these things into consideration led to my decision of taking the test. I studied hard, obviously, and though I didn't understand a lot of it, I think I did pretty good, for my age. The scores come in at the end of June, so until then, it's just a bucket-load of anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment