Monday, October 10, 2011

Boo!!


A Delicious Dessert
I got an eerie feeling while I was walking through the deserted streets of Queens, New York. There was a strong breeze in the air, cutting through me like a dagger, chilling my bones. Rats scurried away from me, hiding behind piles of garbage. Footsteps echoed behind me, but I couldn’t tell if they were mine or those of someone stalking me. The full moon cast mysterious shadows on buildings.
            Without warning, a hand flew around my mouth, silencing me as someone slipped a rough, woven bag over my head. The kidnapper shoved me through a door, and it slammed behind us, creating a loud thud. The area that I was being shoved through was tight and claustrophobic. We stepped out, and I heard the stranger’s footsteps running away from me. I quickly pulled off the bag, and caught a glimpse of the kidnapper. He was a tall man, with long, wavy hair. His fingers were as long as pencils, quickly grabbing hold of the door and shutting it. Even though I noticed all of this, his eyes shocked me the most, a bright, aqua blue. It looked as if he was wearing contacts. He left, and I instinctively went to check the door. It was obviously locked. I had no choice but to turn around and find out where I had ended up. I was not prepared for the answer.
            It was yet another alley of Queens. However, this was no normal alley. Creepy groans came from clogged, filthy sewers. Bones littered the ground, crunching under my feet. Looking around, I noticed a man sitting in the corner! Maybe he could tell me what was going on. I walked up to him, and tried to hide my fear.
            “Where am I?”
            No answer. I tried again.
            “Who are you?”
            Again, there was no answer. Now I was getting mad. I calmed myself, and tried one more time.
            “How…did…you…get…here?”
            I spoke slowly and clearly, so he definitely understood me, but he did not answer. After preparing to scream in his ear, he stood up, and I got a chilling, uneasy feeling. It took me a while to realize that he had just walked through me! I followed the “ghost” through the winding alley, until he sat down next to a dumpster. It looked like any normal dumpster, other than the fact that blood was leaking out of it. Curiosity took over fear, and I went to open the dumpster. My hands shook as they tried to hold the lid. My teeth chattered, and my heart was beating against my rib cage. I could feel the terror deep down to my bones. What was in the dumpster?  That question was not answerable, so I opened it.
            I screamed like a banshee, though no one was there to hear me. I slammed the lid of the dumpster, and ran as fast as lightning. What I saw in the dumpster was horrific. It freaked me out, and brought my heart rate up so high that I got a huge adrenaline rush. In the dumpster was a small child, about 3 years old, all shriveled up. But that was not what terrified me. Sitting there, sucking the life out of the poor kid, was the one and only person I never wanted to see again. It was the kidnapper. He was kneeling down next to the kid, with 2” fangs, long nails, and red eyes. In that instant, I figured out why the kidnapper had contacts on, and why his fingers looked way too long. He was a vampire!
            I then made a fatal mistake. I turned to see how far I had run. Bad move, because I tripped on an axe that was not there before. After doing a face plant, I could not get up for a while. When I did get up, the vampire was waiting for me.  I picked up the axe, my only hope. He cackled in a deep, hideous voice. Slowly, he walked toward me.
            “Hardly finished dinner and dessert comes right to my doorstep. This should be fun.”
            By now, he was in my face, and his terrible breath overwhelmed me. Behind my back, I readied the axe. I was scared of what would happen if he caught me before striking, or if he stepped out of the way of the moving axe. A billion thoughts and possibilities flashed through my head, so I just swung the axe… and chopped off his head.
            I was so thrilled that I was not his dessert. I kicked the body of the vampire, and rolled the head. It was gruesome, but I had to make sure it was dead (if the undead could die) before escaping. Keeping the axe at my side, I ran to the door, which was still locked. After thinking of picking the lock, I remembered the axe. I whacked the lock, and the door swung open. Looking back at the alley, I noticed the ghost, the bones, and the groans. In those ten seconds, the impossible became possible. The head of the “dead” vampire reattached to the body, and he stood up. If I had fled even twenty seconds earlier, I would be fine. The last thing I remember was the stench of his breath…
 

2 comments:

  1. I think J.K. Rowling has some serious competition!

    ReplyDelete