Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Changing the School System

Here in Connecticut, the public schools are amazing. Education, however much dreaded, is always progressing. Even so, like every good organization, the public schools need some work. And so, the CT Association of Public School Superintendents was hosting a video contest for the students to tell them what to change in the state's system, for a reward of $800. I participated. I spent months interviewing teachers, and even the Superintendent of Schools in my town. It was originally an 11-minute video, but I had to spend hours and hours shortening it to fit the 5-minute deadline. You can see the video here. Just a few days ago, I submitted it. I will soon know whether or not I am a finalist, and am anxious for the results. Hopefully, the judges understand and agree with my views on changing the system. What do you think of the video? Remember, comments are always appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment